Software Assurance Skype for Business and Exchange Deployment Planning Services-March 2021
Skype for Business and Exchange Deployment Planning Services provide structured consulting engagements to help you evaluate your environment and assess the impact, and plan your Microsoft Skype for Business or Microsoft Exchange deployment.
Important: Software Assurance Deployment Planning Services are being retired. Starting February 2021, planning days
will no longer be accrued for any agreement. You can use your planning services days for engagements until January 1,
2022. See Microsoft Planning Services for more information.
Plan your Skype for Business and Exchange Deployment
A benefit for Microsoft Volume Licensing Software Assurance customers, Skype for Business and Exchange Deployment Planning Services (S&EDPS) can help you plan a successful deployment, migration, or upgrade to Skype for Business or Exchange. Designed to help you assess opportunities for using the latest technology and drive productivity across your organization, these structured consulting engagements can be tailored to meet your unique needs and are delivered by qualified partners or Microsoft Services.
Choose the offering that’s right for you
Skype for Business and Exchange Deployment Planning Services structured planning engagements help you
develop a deployment, upgrade, or migration plan to Microsoft Skype for Business and/or Exchange.
• Exchange Deployment Planning. A customizable engagement designed to help you quickly and efficiently plan your deployment, upgrade, or migration to the latest version of Exchange Server by assessing your organizational needs, opportunities, and goals for your IT infrastructure. Available in lengths of 1, 3, 5, 10, or 15 days, this engagement allows you to work with an expert to guide you through an envisioning and planning process resulting in a clear implementation plan designed to achieve your business objectives while evaluating how the latest security and encryption features can help your business.
• Skype for Business Deployment Planning. Work with a qualified partner to envision and plan a Skype for Business solution deployment that meets your organization’s unique needs. This engagement of 1, 3, 5, 10, or 15 days focuses on the business and technology aspects of Skype for Business and will define a high level implementation plan designed to meet your business objectives. A network bandwidth planning assessment can be included as part of the planning engagement to ensure your infrastructure is ready to deploy a Skype for Business solution.
S&EDPS can help you:
• Develop a customized, high-level plan for deploying a Skype for Business and/or Exchange solution
• See how Skype for Business and Exchange fit within your environment
• Try new features and enhancements
• Address security and compliance needs with EOP & DLP
Using Planning Services days
Available in engagements of 1, 3, 5, 10, or 15 days, Planning Services offer a structured yet collaborative consulting experience. The longer engagements allow for a deeper look at a specific technology and provide more in-depth analysis and deployment planning. Your qualified partner can work with you to help determine specific components to best support your organization’s needs and help ensure you have an understanding of what can and will be included in your engagement.
Planning Services has six offerings available to help you plan your deployment of Microsoft technologies: Desktop; Dynamics; Skype for Business and Exchange; Private Cloud, Management and Virtualization; SharePoint; and SQL Server Deployment Planning Services.
As a Microsoft Volume Licensing customer with Software Assurance, your organization receives a number of Planning Services days based on your licensing agreement(s). You can access these days through a voucher creation and redemption process at the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC), or if your organization has a Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA) go to the Microsoft Business Center (previously named the Microsoft Volume Licensing Center) to access benefits.
• See the VLSC Software Assurance Guide for detailed, step-by-step instructions for accessing and using Planning Services, or view the Managing Software Assurance Benefits video for a visual demonstration.
• MPSA customers use the Microsoft Volume Licensing Center.
• Search partner listings to find a qualified solution provider or check with your Microsoft representative.
Download the document:
(© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.)